[DGD] hooking jit into the dgd system and modularity

Carter Cheng cartercheng at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 20:05:11 CEST 2017

I actually looking for some advice as to how best to do this since I am a
rather inexperienced programmer. To just get it to the point where it is
working my first take is to include some call code to the llvm code cache
of the jit to update in sdata.cpp and in the compiler code whenever code is
loaded from disk or when code is freshly compiled respectively. The problem
with this is it seems to generate an odd dependency between the
compiler/sdata code and the jit which is not really "semantically"
necessary I suspect.

My thoughts on this is to perhaps create two new functions that each handle
the separate cases of the compiler hook and the sdata hook and have that
invoke the compiler code and sdata control block loading individually. But
where do should these functions be placed to avoid creating the artificial
dependency?

Regards,

Silenus