[DGD] A small toy

bart at wotf.org bart at wotf.org
Fri Feb 10 23:07:06 CET 2017

Hi Neil,

I don't think the lpc code will be publicly available anytime soon, lpcdb is a
'research pet project' which is subject to change into whatever catches my
interest, and hence isn't getting any closer to a releasable state.

While not very big for what it does, its rather unlike other LPC codebases,
and is quite complex and as a result has a fairly steep learning curve. As
indicated above, it is a rapidly moving target with little obvious direction.
If I release it, I also feel compelled to help people understanding and using
it, and that in turn will make me way careful with radical changes to ensure
that effort is not wasted.

The json parser/generator is based on the one in Gurbalib with a few changes
and fixes, I'm still intending to port those back to Gurbalib and send Sirdude
a patch. That is also by far the most important lpc component for adding a web
interface. The other important part is coming up with a message based api,
which is imo rather application specific.

On the node.js side, I use the socket.io library which gets you both the
server and the client side javascript for 'advanced http connectivity' and
websockets, and am using the node.js builtin tcp connectivity to connect to
DGD (connection initialized by node.js)

Currently every client gets a dedicated connection to DGD, multiplexing the
requests on a single or a small number of connections is high on the list, and
pretty simple to do.

Bart.

On Sat, 11 Feb 2017 07:40:54 +1100, Neil McBride wrote