[DGD] Error with 1.5.5

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Mon Jul 17 08:24:26 CEST 2017

Blain <blain20 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I triggered a segfault after compile_error and before runtime_error are
> called in the driver object.  I created a bare bones implementation and
> determined that the following does bug out.
>
> [/driver.c]
> void initialize() {
>   call_out("load_foo");
> }
>
> void load_foo() {
>   compile_object("/foo");
> }
>
> [/foo.c]
> void foo() {
>   test = ({});
> }
>
> Also, /auto.c and /auto.h are empty files.
>
> With the variable test not being declared in foo.c, DGD segfaults.  The
> error message given to compile_error is "undeclared variable test".

The errormessage I get is "/driver.c, 2: too few arguments for function
call_out".

After fixing that, a fatal error: "missing function in driver object:
compile_error", which does crash DGD, not with a segmentation fault
but with an abort call.  That is proper and expected behaviour.

Regards,
Felix Croes