[DGD] Rewriting the main loop

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Sun Dec 2 12:14:31 CET 2018

Raymond Jennings <shentino at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 1, 2018 at 5:37 PM Schmidt, Stephen <schmidsj at union.edu> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Dec 1, 2018 at 8:28 PM Raymond Jennings <shentino at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > As for the reason:
> > >
> > > It is my personal opinion that DGD should be as responsive as possible,

I suppose that this is what you imagine you are having a difference
of opinion about?  Actually, this is a refusal to see that your basic
assumptions are wrong, and that your proffered solution would be a
disaster even if they weren't.

>[...]
> > I'm not sure I understand the distinction here. Won't it often, perhaps
> > generally, be the case that the callouts are part of the human interaction?
> >

> It depends on what the interaction is.

Don't hold forth as if you are an expert on things DGD.  Stephen
understands this better than you do, and he is showing you one of
the errors in your thinking.

Most perplexingly, this has mostly been a replay of an earlier discussion
that we've had off-list 6 years ago.  In the intervening years you have
learned nothing; when the same flaws are pointed out to you, you dismiss
that as a difference of opinion.  When I went into further detail, you
even had the gall to remark, "This part is new", before discarding that,
too, with all the rest.

I have honestly reached the end of my patience with you.  I will not
be participating in any further discussions with you on the subject.

Regards,
Felix Croes