[DGD] DGD good choice for MUD with large-scale city simulation?

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Sun Dec 9 22:04:18 CET 2018

bart at wotf.org wrote:

>[...]
> This is not a trivial system, and took quite a lot of work to be able to
> handle this, but... I think you might underestimate how much work can be done
> with just a single threaded dgd. I'd assume hydra can be made to handle 10m+
> objects with proper care and design.

Naturally I am pleased that DGD is holding up so well under heavy load!
But although the word "active" is a bit vague, active as in taking part
in a database query is not quite the same as actively participating in a
simulation, with the objective of producing emergent story lines.

I am becoming quite curious about lpcdb, however.

Regards,
Felix Croes