[DGD] Codes of conduct on a mud

bart at wotf.org bart at wotf.org
Sat Dec 29 12:43:43 CET 2018

I like the idea of giving players 'secret' hints they need for doing something.

But the entire setup you describe causes one simple question for me:

How do you differentiate between someone who obtained the information from
another player, and those who know the information because they played
another, no longer existing character in the past?

Changing it often enough might work to prevent that, but wouldn't that mess
with players getting the information legitimately, and only acting on it much
later?

Bottomline, I do not think this gives a good idea about whom is getting
information 'illegally' because there are quite legitimate ways in which the
'detection' can be triggered still.

Bart.

On Sat, 29 Dec 2018 09:17:33 +1100, Tony Demetriou wrote