[DGD] Life and death

Raymond Jennings shentino at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 17:40:47 CET 2018

So, due to some issues that came up in a roleplay I was recently
attending, I was wondering about life and death as a game design and
balance standpoint.

What do you all think?

For my part, the RP in question had a grim reaper character who
doubled as the afterlife's sheriff.  People who resurrected too often
were put on a "list", and the next time they died and left their souls
in the clutches of the reaper they were simply erased from existence
as punishment for scythe dodging.

On ironclaw online, on a strict storyline basis, not many even
resurrected, but the PCs were basically a special class that fate just
happened to privilege, and until then you just hung out in the
afterlife.  First, a race against the clock to have your body found
before NPC priests collected it, and then a race against the clock
between NPC priests and PC priests to revive you first.  All of that,
of course, presuming that you haven't been excommunicated.