[DGD] Asheron's Call server emulator

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Thu Feb 15 13:57:03 CET 2018

I am releasing a very, very basic version of my Asheron's Call server
emulator.  Right now, all you can do is connect to the server, create a
character, and login.  The character will be created using a standard
template, not the one you selected during the character creation process.

Though I played AC for a year in 2000, I have never been involved in
creating Decal plugins or decompiling the client.  For my knowledge
of the AC server I depend on the excellent ACEmulator project.  The
developmental stage of my emulator is far behind theirs.

As can be seen from the name of the project and some messages you'll see
during login, this is not intended to be a bug-for-bug faithful emulator.
The setting is after the final defeat of Asheron.  We'll see if that is
ever going to be more than wishful thinking; I will work on this project
as time permits.

The installation process is described in the README.  Note that the client
can be installed using wine on Linux or Mac.

I want to end here with a thank-you to Turbine, the developer of Asheron's
Call, and to all the people who did their best to discover and make public
the inner workings of the game.

Regards,
Felix Croes