[DGD] Fatal error when no user object returned

Raymond Jennings shentino at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 06:18:02 CEST 2018

My personal opinion on this issue is as follows:

* This is dworkin's program and he can write it how he darn pleases

* "provide mechanism, not policy"

DGD is the kernel from the point of view of LPC.  DGD should confine
itself to mechanism as much as possible, and any policy decisions
should be left in LPC.  Let LPC decide how the nuts and bolts go
together.  DGD saying "wtf?  you were supposed to give me a connection
object that would decide what to do.  I can't make up your mind for
you so I'm going to crash now, because you shouldn't be making me
decide thsi for myself"

>From what I've seen in the code, DGD will, however, close the
connection automatically if there's an LPC side runtime error inside
of blah_connect.