[DGD] [ANNOUNCE] Pre-Release of the Open Source version of the SkotOS Mud Library for the DGD driver

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Sun May 6 23:08:23 CEST 2018

Christopher Allen <ChristopherA at lifewithalacrity.com> wrote:

> https://github.com/skotostech/skotos
>
> # "SkotOS" Skotos Open Source Game Library
>
> This is a pre-release version of the Skotos Open Source game library, aka
> "SkotOS", written for use with [Dworkin's Game Driver](
> https://github.com/dworkin/dgd), aka "DGD". It a fourth-generation text MUD
> engine that has been in devopment and active use for almost two decades by
> [Skotos Tech](http://www.skotos.net/) in a number of commercial web-centric
> prose online games, including [Castle Marrach](
> http://www.skotos.net/games/marrach/), [Ironclaw Online](
> http://www.skotos.net/games/ironclaw/), [Lovecraft Country](
> http://www.lovecraftcountry.com/comic/), and [The Lazurus Project](
> http://www.lazarus-project.net/).

The Skotos game library played an important role in the development of
DGD, by steering it towards becoming a rock-solid platform for games at
least an order of magnitude larger and more complex than what it had
previously been used for.  It was also an early testing ground for new
features such as atomic functions.  I am pleased to see an Open Source
release, or even a pre-release.

Regards,
Felix Croes