[DGD] Kotaka v0.53

Raymond Jennings shentino at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 11:10:52 CET 2018

Mostly a maintenance release, but there are some important caveats on the
way:

* The upgrading/patching process has been completely overhauled

In an ongoing effort to prune System of external dependencies my next
target was ObjectD's usage of Bigstruct.

Surprisingly this led to a massive speedup.

* SuspendD and CalloutD are deprecated

Due to an earlier discussion on the DGD list, we now do not use system wide
callout suspension.

* Use ObjectD instead of ProgramD to store program_info records.

This is part of the huge speedup.

* Full recompiles are now mandatory for upgrades

To keep things simple we now require all objects to be recompiled on a
kotaka upgrade.

git://github.com/shentino/kotaka v0.53