[DGD] Unit tests for LPC

nikoroleva natasha.i.koroleva at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 01:14:44 CEST 2019

Felix A. Croes <felix at dworkin.nl> wrote:

> nikoroleva <natasha.i.koroleva at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > A few months ago I wrote some code for unit testing my LPC. It is
> > rudimentary, but it functions. I think the recent changes to
> > Continuations will be useful in a rewrite by making each test object a
> > Continuation and then chaining them all together which seems to
> > simplify everything about collecting them into an array and iterating.
> > I would probably change some other things knowing now what I know
> > after writing it, but it covers a thousand or so expectations in a
> > second or less; so not too bad I reckon.
>
> My original motivation for creating continuations was distributed
> continuations as an abstraction of parallelisation.  Everything else
> came later.
>
> Continuations will continue to evolve.

I tried distributed continuations, but I cannot find any notes why I
abandoned them. If I recall correctly, tracing a runtime error back to
the line of code in the test object in a specific case gave me
problems. I'll try again and pay closer attention to the results. I
know more now than then, too, so I may have missed something the first
time through.

Thanks for the rest of your post. I don't think I have anything
specific for those points for now.

Regards