[DGD] Gurbalib weapon class and general power tuning

Troy Fisher tfcoug at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 27 01:51:40 CET 2019

I did this on a mud a couple of years ago. Everyone's got Alts and there is a definite travel plan for leveling, but I wanted this one to be exciting for all ages so I made a new inheritable (non DGD-mudlib) and on area load all the traps, mobs and object would scale to the player, it would unload from memory when the player exited.

It was part of my seasonal Halloween area, that I would add 100+ rooms to every year. For new and interesting experiences.

I think a lot of hardcoding of mobs and objects came from the way the games used to be played. In this day and age, I'd have most areas scale to the player(s) because that's the way people play video games (Skyrim)