Event-driven?

Jon A. Lambert jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com
Sun Apr 6 23:55:34 CEST 1997

> From: coder at ibm.net
>
> Event based systems are old, as old at least as message based/passing
> systems.  Them old fogey host guys (Hi Jon!  <kof>) were doing message
> passing systems back when S/390 and S/360 where the freshest and newest
> things since sliced bread, and long before anyone even thought about
> objects.

You realize of course we had no understanding of what we were doing at
the time.  We tried our best to subvert and get around this akward message
passing all in the name of more MIPS.  We now realize our actions were
evil.  I often experience phone trouble immediately after hearing the phrase
"maintaining a legacy mainframe application".  :-P