Random thoughts

Mon Apr 7 07:57:24 CEST 1997

:>Wait, on second thought this might be
:>Rexx.
:
:Mike Cowlishaw is an interesting one to talk to on language design.  A
:very opionated, articulate, frighteningly intelligent fellow.	We
:disagreed often -- but he had the research data to back his side up.  He
:put a lot of thought into REXX's baroque design -- it is and was very
:accurately intended as a language for non-programmers.

Ah, but you are a programmer (sorta by definition!), so could *you* get
along using REXX or something based on it? It is likely that you would
have to do the vast majority of the work using it, just to get a decent
code base for your server.

REXX is the standard inter-program control mechanism on the Amiga, and it
comes with the system. I read the docs on it a few years ago and decided
to never touch it. :-/

--
Chris Gray   cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA