So in an event-driven server, how do you ...

Michael Hohensee michael at sparta.mainstream.net
Mon Apr 7 13:39:45 CEST 1997

It looks like you guys hate polling.  (Not that I blame you, I don't
really like it myself. :)  But if you've got a system that just sits
until the next "ripening", how do you do your IO with players?  Do you
use an endless loop to poll the connections?  Or do you use the SIGIO
signal?

I tried to use both.  I poll for new commands from the players, and use
the SIGIO signal to hook up a new connection.  More than a little bit
dirty.  It doesn't work under BSD, then I have to poll for everything.

Michael Hohensee
--
Eagleson's Law:
        Any code of your own that you haven't looked at for six or more