Just a bit of musing

Nathan Yospe yospe at hawaii.edu
Sat Apr 12 15:00:56 CEST 1997

On Thu, 10 Apr 1997 clawrenc at cup.hp.com wrote:

:In <199702270058.AAA33418 at out1.ibm.net>, on 02/26/97
:   at 02:31 PM, Nathan Yospe <yospe at hawaii.edu> said:
:
:<<Note: This is from a while ago now>>
:
:>A thread on rec.games.mud.admin has recently turned to combat
:>interaction. The thread is, unfortunately, dominated by the diku
:>types, who have rather limited perception when it comes to combat,
:>and who, in trying to propose beyond the room visability, have
:>trapped themselves into a complex system to establish three
:>dimesnional positioning and standard vision passing of rooms. ...
:
:Nathan:  Can you give me some key words to hit DejaNews with on this?
:I'd like to dig up the thread.  While its undoubtedly full of the
:usual knee-jerks, there may be some good stuff in there as well.

"Interaction in combat"? It was something like that, possibly an offshoot
of that thread... some others of intrest recently: rec.games.mud.diku's
"event driven vs loop driven", rec.games.mud.admin's "quests", which
started talking about dynamic permanent worlds before it decayed.

  /_  / / ) /_  /_) / ) /| /| / /\            First Light of a Nova Dawn
 /   / / \ /_  /_) / \ /-|/ |/ /_/            Final Night of a World Gone
Nathan F. Yospe - University of Hawaii Dept of Physics - yospe at hawaii.edu