[MUD-Dev] Re: Issues from the digests and Wout's list

Jeff Kesselman jeffk at tenetwork.com
Tue Apr 29 02:09:18 CEST 1997

At 07:50 AM 4/27/97 PST8PDT, you wrote:
>> From: clawrenc at cup.hp.com
>>    at 11:03 PM, "Jon A. Lambert" <jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com> said:
>>
>> >While I love the use of regular expressions in COLD, the enhancements
>> >they have made to context are decidedly irritating.  One's order of
>> >verb processing can easily change by moving about the world and
>> >picking up and dropping items.    I prefer a consistent and fixed
>> >context order. It makes for a more comfortable user interface.
>>
>> Mind detailing exactly what you like and dislike about their changes
>> to the definition of context?  (Been a while since I looked)
>>

>This is in the ColdX core.

Hmm.... Im not sure what you mean by ColdX core, unelss there is an
official core that has been released since last I looked. There are 2 cores
that the ColdX project makes available, a "minimal core" and colddark.  Do
you mean the minimal one?

In any case I was just kinda curious.  It seems overly complex to me. So
far my very simple girearchical search has been able to do anything i
wanted in the way of parsing...

JK

JK