[MUD-Dev] Re: Issues from the digests and Wout's list

Jeff Kesselman jeffk at tenetwork.com
Tue Apr 29 20:46:34 CEST 1997

At 07:33 PM 4/29/97 PST8PDT, you wrote:
>Agreed.  I'm pretty solidly in the Cold camp at this point for the
>inheritance/class/instance design except tht I have formally seperated
>classes and instaces.  The rest I'm still exmaining.

In designing Kelvin, although I brorowed heavily from ColdX, thois was one
thing I chanegd. Kelvin has seperate instances and classes, this actually
led to very elegent code in the underlying VM.

My OTHER chnage is that Kelvin is a rsic machine, a true OO stack machine
with a total of about a dozen op codes.  ColdX on the other hand has what
is really a tokenized interpreter.  I claim my VM will bve faster because
its simpler, miro claims Colds will be because each opcode does mreo work.
Only time will tell...  (a class RISC/CISC debate)

JK