[MUD-Dev] Persistance/stability

Mon Aug 4 09:18:57 CEST 1997

[Adam W:]
:		Since the mud boots in about two seconds on our primary
:server right now, we *should* be able to program it well enough that
:a 'crash' will just look like a two second pause, which is hardly noticeable
:given the haphazard timing of messages (no pulses, anyhow) to players.

Two seconds? That's pretty quick to be up and running again. Does that
include time to get the needed parts of the scenario back from the db?
I know on mine that it doesn't take long to load the server, but then it
has to execute the restart actions of all the NPC's, etc. which in turn
will trigger a lot of object references.

--
Chris Gray   cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA