[MUD-Dev] Graphic MUDS/Ultima Online

Mon Aug 11 21:26:15 CEST 1997

[Chris L:]

[Suggestions about players finding things to do with corpses, burned out
torches, etc. etc.]

Well, those are fun things, yes, but either you've got one heck of a
good emulation of the physical world, or you're going to have to code
all of that into the MUD, in the hope that some player will decide to
try it. Now, coding NPC's to do it might offer more payback.

:The key change in mindset is to look at corpses as a resource, not a
:problem.  Once you view them, or any other "trash" object as a
:resource, the problem then changes to, "What can I create with this?",
:and not, "How do I get rid of it?"

In a sense I agree with this. Why go out of your way to come up with an
economy, and proper resource production, when the adventuring players
are just leaving resources lying around? So, it sounds like a fun plan
to use this "junk" as the root of an economy of some kind. Perhaps
some ghouls that scavenge corpses, producing good bone weapons, plant
fertilizer, jewelry, etc. Just follow mother nature's example!

--
Chris Gray   cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA