[MUD-Dev] Level abstractions - Realism vs Game Issues

clawrenc at cup.hp.com clawrenc at cup.hp.com
Thu Aug 14 13:45:51 CEST 1997

In <Pine.GSO.3.95q.970812164742.1864C-100000 at uhunix2>, on 08/12/97
   at 08:04 PM, Nathan Yospe <yospe at hawaii.edu> said:

>On Mon, 11 Aug 1997, Matt Chatterley wrote:

>:I'm pleased with it; I dislike the notion that each object contains a
>:finite amount of magical, which can be so strictly measured.

>Heh. Reminds me of the sentivores of... geeze, what was that book?
>One of Hambly's... they homed in on thought, so the only way to
>survive them was to stop thinking.

I recall the trick not being not thinking, but yourself a rather
prickly or otherwise uninteresting plant.  This helped of course as
the sentivores were blind.

Such a trick would certainly add an interesting dimension to a game.

-
J C Lawrence                           Internet: claw at null.net
(Contractor)                           Internet: coder at ibm.net
---------------(*)               Internet: clawrenc at cup.hp.com