[MUD-Dev] Spellcaster, or Waving Hands

Jeff Kesselman jeffk at tenetwork.com
Fri Aug 15 16:08:08 CEST 1997

If folks have really interesting things at a point of completion where you
think outsiders would enjoy it and it would be up relatively consistently
I MAY be able to find you a home on TEN equiptment.  Its got to be Sparc
based because that's what we run here.  (If its generic UNIX and gcc I can
probably set you up with a  compile environment to recompile.)

No promises, sicne I'm not in the positio to make those, but email me if
you think this has possabilities and I'll see what I can do...

JK

At 03:42 PM 8/15/97 PST8PDT, you wrote:
>In <9708150011.AA27888 at divcom.umop-ap.com>, on 08/14/97
>   at 05:24 PM, "Jon Leonard" <jleonard at divcom.umop-ap.com> said:
>
>>An approach I've been considering to this kind of problem is to have
>>all actions take some time, and be "in progress" while they are
>>happening.
>>Similarly, "west" really means "start walking westwards, and stop
>>upon reaching something interesting"
>>It limits how quickly players can move between areas to a reasonable
>>speed. It changes descriptions from "Boffo is here." to "Boffo is
>>walking northwards." Players can be interrupted in the middle of
>>actions, and interrupt their own actions.
>
>Good point.  I've got to think about this.  It would change the entire
>character of motion.  It really does seem essential for any sort of
>coordinate cased system.  I suspect that all motion will actually
>become, "move towards", "stop", "turn towards", or "turn away from
>right/left" in form.
>
>>Also, I have a dedicated network connection to my home computers, and
>>if anyone on this list wants a home for an interesting game, it's
>>available. (Unfortunately the link is only 28.8 -- It's out of my own
>>pocket.)
>
>Yeah, that's what I'm in the middle of investigating (the new modem
>should be in next week).  I just found a local provider that will do
>dedicated v.34 for $65/month.  ISDN is proving more tricky as I've yet
>to find an ISP not in Texas who will do Centrex 2B ISDN for less than
>a small fortune (tho I may finally be on the trail).
>
>--
>J C Lawrence                           Internet: claw at null.net
>(Contractor)                           Internet: coder at ibm.net
>---------------(*)               Internet: clawrenc at cup.hp.com
>...Honorary Member Clan McFUD -- Teamer's Avenging Monolith...

Jeff Kesselman
Snr. Game Integration Engineer
TEN -- The Total Entertainment Network -- www.ten.net

Speak Geek!