Looking for books...

Greg Munt greg at uni-corn.demon.co.uk
Tue Aug 19 19:49:07 CEST 1997

I know some of you have some reasonably-sized libraries, so I was
wondering if you might be able to recommend some books for me?

Topics:

   OOD

   Compiler design

   Database design (esp persistence)

   Tree algorithms (esp R-Trees, et al) (all I can find are general
   algorithm books that discuss binary trees - sigh)

   Parser/NLP design

   Memory management (perhaps)

This list could go on and on, so I'll stop here. I consider these to be
important concepts in mud design; how anyone can claim to have written a
mud *without* reading thick books, this is beyond me! Certainly a lot of
work for a so-called 'hobby' :)

I'm not too sure if this post is off-topic, or not - so, apologies where
neccessary.

MORON n.  Adult whose mental development corresponds to that of a normal
          average child between the ages of 8 and 12; (colloq.) very stupid
          person.