[MUD-Dev] Re: Character evolution

Jeff Kesselman jeffk at tenetwork.com
Tue Aug 19 22:17:27 CEST 1997

At 09:52 PM 8/19/97 PST8PDT, JCL wrote:
>Outside of the fact that I dislike the idea of the game tracking any
>form of "alignment" concept, I'd also note that giving money to a
>beggar is an ambiguous action.  Yes, it may help the beggar, but it
>can also be argued to validate the profession of beggar as a trade

WHICH gets tot a totally different but IMO deeper and related point.
Ethics are culturally determined, so there really isn't sucha  thing asn a
absolute emasure orf good and evil.

In the Mohammaden Empire beggers were an important part of society and
validatign the begger's lifestyle was considred a good thing and not
negative to society at all ;)

Bacily, alignment is a silly convention. Ims tuck with iot 'cause I'm doing
AD&D license product. Ild sugegst the rest of you trash it.

AS an added bonus to getting rid fo it, you don't have asswipe players then
trying to argue that they are just "playing Evil alignment" when theya re
being jerks.

JK

P.S.  Guess what JCL? Eudora attributes replies OTHERS posts properly I
just ntoiced. Its mainly YOURS that don't get attributed. Is it possible
there is soemthing wrong in your headers?
Jeff Kesselman
Snr. Game Integration Engineer
TEN -- The Total Entertainment Network -- www.ten.net

Speak Geek!