[MUD-Dev] Looking for books...

Caliban Tiresias Darklock caliban at darklock.com
Wed Aug 20 10:40:22 CEST 1997

Jeff Kesselman wrote:

> At 08:51 PM 8/19/97 PST8PDT, Caliban Tiresias Darklock wrote:
> >>    Parser/NLP design
> >
> >       Holub's book covers this pretty well.
>
> Can you be mroe specific?  How about a title, i think I might weant to look
> this up if it gives a practical, useful and readable treatment of NLP.
> I've never foudn sucha  thing, and I've looked...

I was speaking more about general parser design; the book, referenced
earlier in the same post, is Allen I. Holub's "Compiler Design in C". I
think it's retailing for about $80, and it is available from Amazon. The
book is huge, more the size of a dictionary than a textbook, and
fantastically detailed on several esoteric topics. While I don't own a
copy, I have repeatedly hit a local bookstore to look up one topic or
another in it, and I have yet to have a problem related to
compiler/parser design that I couldn't find addressed there.