[MUD-Dev] Looking for books...

coder at ibm.net coder at ibm.net
Sat Aug 23 11:28:21 CEST 1997

On 19/08/97 at 10:01 PM, clawrenc at cup.hp.com said:
>In <Pine.LNX.3.91.970819184106.15187M-100000 at uni-corn.demon.co.uk>,
>on 08/19/97 at 02:01 PM, Greg Munt <greg at uni-corn.demon.co.uk> said:

>>I know some of you have some reasonably-sized libraries, so I was
>>wondering if you might be able to recommend some books for me?

>While not exactly a question of OOD, design patterns are essential.
>The Design Patterns patterns book by the gang of four is a humbling
>godsend.  Worship at its feet.  Daily.  Quite simply I'd question to
>competance of any serious OO/Design patterns/Frameworks chap who
>didn't own a copy.  Email me directly at coder at ibm.net for the full
>title, ISBN etc, its at home, not here.

Design Patterns -- Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software by
Gamma, Helm, Johnson, and Vlissides (also know as the Gang of Four).
Published by Addison-Wesley, ISBN 0-201-63361-2.

This book is a God.  Not even a minor diety, a full God.  Its in
something like its 10th printing now.  There is also a gang-of-four
mailing list where the book's contents and suggestions for Ver2 are
discussed.

J C Lawrence                               Internet: claw at null.net
----------(*)                              Internet: coder at ibm.net