[MUD-Dev] New Topic: Butthead features

Koster Koster
Wed Aug 27 10:53:16 CEST 1997

On Wednesday, August 27, 1997 3:17 AM, Jeff
Kesselman[SMTP:jeffk at tenetwork.com] wrote:

> Frankly, I personally believe that UOl is starting to encounetr soem
of the
> same expericnes we had, I'll be inetrested to see how they deal with
them.
> I already knwo of groups in UOL (thanks to some infromation lines I
> develoepd to dela with DSO problems) that have catalogged ways to
defeat
> what limited saftey measures the game posesses and abuse holes in
the balance.

Hmm, are any of these sorts of loopholes of general interest to the
list? If so, would you mind discussing the sort of things you mean? I
suspect that the ways in which in-game "social control" measures fail
(such as reputation systems like yours and mine) would be of general
interest.

(Also feel free to email me directly with specific cheats, you
betatester you! *wink*)

> BWT Raph, my UOL accoutn is dead, won't reregister (I never
reregistered
> after the last wipe) and ive had no response from support in 3
days... you
> wanan help me get this resolved?

I'll see what I can do.

-Raph