[MUD-Dev] MUD Design Fundamentals (Was: Looking for books...)

Jeff Kesselman jeffk at tenetwork.com
Thu Aug 28 18:47:46 CEST 1997

At 05:38 PM 8/28/97 PST8PDT, you wrote:
>On Thu, 28 Aug 1997 15:19:07 PST8PDT, Ola Fosheim Gr=F8stad
><olag at ifi.uio.no> wrote:
>
>>(1)I've kept an eye on the discussions on the list and there is A LOT of
>>talking about more or less trivial game mechanics issues, like alignment
>>and such, but I've seen few posts in the past week that talked about
>>game mechanics based on a desire to create a better social environment
>>or even a more FUN environment or USABLE.
>
>I've been quite soundly crucified for attempting such a thread a couple
>months ago, actually. ;)

I bring these things up ocne and a whiel and generally get abused for them=
 ;)

But there ARE a few of us who believe that some social engineering si not
just useful but in fact necessary if yo uare going to be dealign with teh
unwashed masses in your game world.

JK
Jeff Kesselman
Snr. Game Integration Engineer