[MUD-Dev] MUD universe

Thu Aug 28 20:42:31 CEST 1997

[Felix C:]
:One that may or may not have been mentioned before: alternate universes.
:The mud encompasses parallel universes, including some in which different
:physical laws apply, and including ways to fork off new alternate
:realities.

[Much more on splitting quest-solved universe's off from the main one.]

An interesting approach to the problem of making quests solvable by more
than one player. What you lose with this scheme is much of your bragging
rights - its probably more fun to brag that "I killed *the* dragon"
rather than just "I also killed the dragon".

A varient that I've planned to add to my scenario is a bit more artificial-
literally put some adventure games into the scenario. I have sources to
the standard "Adventure" and a couple of others done with a system a
friend and I built many years ago. So, I could steal all that and make
it into adventure games to be solved on computers in my scenario, each
one being a "quest" within the larger framework. Tacky, but I kind of
like the idea.

--
Chris Gray   cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA