[MUD-Dev] New topic: AI and NPCs

Travis Casey efindel at io.com
Fri Aug 29 16:03:18 CEST 1997

Jeff Kesselman <jeffk at tenetwork.com> wrote:

> The key in Judo trhows is center of gravity. The small
> creature has a big advantage with having a lower center of gravity.
> Strength and body mass are irellevent, unless you don't know what you are
> doing at all, in which case you arent performing judo/jujitsu, you are an
> american wrestler.
>
> As for mat work (holds and such) speed and agility are a lto mroe
imprtoant
> then size and mass.  A small person can hodl a big one pinned quite
nciely
> if they can get them into the right position.

Don't forget that in muds, we're also dealing with creatures well outside
the human size range.  A small adult human may be able to hold a big one
pinned nicely, but there's no way that something with the size and
strength of a two-year-old human can hold an adult human pinned.
(Providing
the human isn't worried about getting hurt a bit in pulling out -- even
a two-year old can hold someone who's allergic to pain by grabbing their
earlobe.)
--
       |\      _,,,---,,_        Travis S. Casey  <efindel at io.com>
     '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)      http://www.io.com/~efindel/design.html