[MUD-Dev] Re: Character evolution

Jon A. Lambert jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com
Fri Aug 29 23:11:11 CEST 1997

On 28 Aug 97 at 17:28, Caliban Tiresias Darklock wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Aug 1997 13:28:06 PST8PDT, clawrenc at cup.hp.com wrote:
>
> >10.4        Mobile Reproduction
>
> Oh my GOD.
>
> I laughed so hard reading this, it wasn't funny. To actually write such
> a system so... *tastefully*... must have taken severe restraint, from
> what I know of myself and other programmers.
>
> I do have a minor gripe that there is absolutely no mention or treatment
> of gestation. ;)

Well yes.  I guess you would have to read the entire document in
context.  As a "game" many of the concepts were unusual/odd to say
the least.  Lavatory functions are done just as tastefully. ;)

If anyone is interested, drop me an email and I will pass it along
now that JCL has passed it to me.  It's around 50 pages (100K) of
specification(?).  I would hate to flood all the mailboxes with
this.

I was particulary fond of his attention to flora and his mission
statements.
If anything, I applaud the attempt at "documenting" his system.

Jon A. Lambert