[MUD-Dev] (fwd) NEW: multi-user VRML world

coder at ibm.net coder at ibm.net
Sun Aug 31 10:36:42 CEST 1997

On 28/08/97 at 01:13 PM, Brandon Gillespie <brandon at roguetrader.com>
said: >On Thu, 28 Aug 1997 clawrenc at cup.hp.com wrote:

>> Stephen White is the original author of MOO from which derived
>> LambdaMOO, and the author of COOLMud from which sprang ColdMud and the
>> ColdX project:

>mmmmm.. Cold has influences from Cool, but thats about it... its
>influenced as much by LP or MOO, as Cool...

My recollection from the very very early beginnings of the Cold lists
(back when Greg Hudson was active) and the original Cold docs was that
Greg stated he was largely inspired by COOL and borrowed much model
code from there.

>*shrug*

Agreed.

BTW:  What is Greg doing these days?  Last I heard he was heading off
on an intersting JAVA MUD approach (there was some discussion of it
here -- name I recall rhymes with mnemonic?), but I've heard nothing
since.

J C Lawrence                               Internet: claw at null.net
----------(*)                              Internet: coder at ibm.net