[MUD-Dev] Character evolution

The Eternal City eternal at eternal.eternal-city.com
Sun Aug 31 12:25:38 CEST 1997

On Sun, 31 Aug 1997 coder at ibm.net wrote:

> Of all the membership of this list, other than myself and Nathan, are
> there __ANY__ not doing a fairly standard variation on a fantasy
> world?  Oh, I know the details will be different, you'll have various
> forms of internal economies, or magic systems, or family or clan
> systems, or interesting forms of heavy/light RP, or whatever.  But the
> base structure of a glorified medieval world overstocked with magical
> touches...

I don't know if this qualifies for avoiding your definition of 'fairly
standard variation', but we are doing a fantasy world based on ancient
(Republican) Rome (the game is called The Eternal City).

We're also striving for a 'real world' model with many of the standard
features mentioned in your list. So perhaps the only significant
differences are that it isn't medieval and that it isn't 'overstocked'
with magic touches.

Scott Martins
Worlds Apart Productions