[MUD-Dev] Re:)

Jeff Kesselman jeffk at tenetwork.com
Sun Aug 31 12:46:16 CEST 1997

At 09:29 AM 8/31/97 PST8PDT, Caliban wrote:
>And before someone jumps on me as a net prude, or as being 'against'
>netsex, I *do* indulge in and enjoy netsex. But I don't think it belongs
>on a MUD, and I'm very offended at the idea of people logging onto a
>game that I've spent months designing and balancing just so they can sit
>around in some out of the way place and talk dirty to each other. There

Heh. Granted my focus is RP (although ironivcly we are doign a very
extensively buitl and abalkcned combat system ebcaus eI believe a good
comab tsystem that cant be abused foir easy victory and mindless slaughter
ENCOURAGES roleplay.)

Still, I geuss I havent seen this phenomoenon to nay greater extent then
Ive sene my game overrun by bad roleplayers, period.  I sigh, do what ic an
to build educatio nitn om ynext game, and acccept that Strugeon's Law
applies to my client population as  muchas anything else.

HOWEVER I dont really see the need to make it distinct form other
roleplauy. Ild rather provide good general roleplay tools and let peoepl
roleplay with them.  My comment on the "grpahic sex MUD' whiel i believe it
woudl be VERY lucrative Im alos not rushign otu to do it and if i did I
wouldnt BOTHER with muc hof a game otherwise.

The Realm has shown how successful good social tools can be even in the
absence of any reasonable game.  This woudl be much the same.

JK
Jeff Kesselman
Snr. Game Integration Engineer
TEN -- The Total Entertainment Network -- www.ten.net