[MUD-Dev] Seminal Designs, WAS: Alignment

Koster Koster
Fri Dec 5 18:09:15 CET 1997

On Friday, December 05, 1997 7:07 AM,
Ling[SMTP:K.L.Lo-94 at student.lboro.ac.uk] wrote:

> Which reminds me, DartMUD should be put into the FAQ as one of the
muds to
> investigate, even just for background knowledge purposes.

> DartMUD @ dartmud.com 2525

I have to second this. I regard DartMUD as a truly seminal MUD in a
way that few others have been... Just out of curiosity, if people had
to assemble lists of true class acts or innovative (not always the
same thing, DartMUD was innovative but never actually "worked" when I
saw it, whereas a class act somehow manages to put the pieces together
though not necessarily innovatively), what would you put on it and
what design choices would make you put it there?

-Raph