[MUD-Dev] Re: Introductions and descriptions

coder at ibm.net coder at ibm.net
Wed Dec 10 10:36:29 CET 1997

On 21/11/97 at 04:32 PM, Richard Woolcock <KaVir at dial.pipex.com> said:
>Adam Wiggins wrote:

>The only random thing I have is name.  You get to chose your primary,
>secondary and tertiary 'attributes' out of physical/mental/social, then
>spend a number of points in each of the three attributes within each
>catagory (Physical has Strength/Dexterity/Stamina, for example).
>Abilities are similar, with Talents, Skills and Knowledges.  Players can
>also select virtues, which determine their initial willpower/humanity.
>Basically its the WoD char gen system, and it leaves nothing to chance.
>As far as appearance goes, players can choose eye/hair colour (and
>Appearance itself is an attribute).

As an aside:  I have no customisation of new characters.  They are all
created identically and given identical nondescript humanoid bodies.
Everything about the bodies is nondescript as well:  they look as if they
were fairly rapidly and loosely thrown together from gray clay, are not
very strong or remarkable in any stat or attribute, and don't live very
long,  It is then up to the new characters to go steal bodies more to
their liking.

Action while in the game customises a character and its presentation
(bodies), not some pre-selection prior to the game.

J C Lawrence                               Internet: claw at null.net
----------(*)                              Internet: coder at ibm.net