[MUD-Dev] Is mud research real?

Koster Koster
Fri Dec 12 09:37:20 CET 1997

On Thursday, December 11, 1997 11:08 AM, Ola Fosheim=20
Gr=F8stad[SMTP:olag at ifi.uio.no] wrote:
> "Koster, Raph" <rkoster at origin.ea.com> wrote:
> >The Julian Dibbell article on the LambdaMOO virtual rape. Sorry, I=20
>
> I'll look into the Dibbell
> article again and see if it proves me wrong, if it tells me=20
something
> less than obvious.

Actually, one of the reasons I find the Dibbell article valuable is=20
because it isn't actually research. It's a good writer, relatively=20
newbie mud player, narrating events, with some speculation. It's=20
definitely not research--just a very very solid and interesting=20
account of a particular administrative incident that has parallels=20
with many other administrative issues on muds.

-Raph