[MUD-Dev] Gods, worshipers and the balance

Sat Dec 13 10:45:22 CET 1997

[Vadim T:]

:- I should (well, at least I want) to preserve the balance.
:- Energy levels of both God and worshiper _should_ increase, in game.
:- to preserve the balance, I introduce anti-god - some entity which
:exists on the material plane and is the exact opposite to the given God.

Hmm. You could have the set of power available to gods be a fixed pool.
Worship of god A increases god A's power, but slighter decreases the power
of all other gods, so that the sum stays fixed. The worshipper only sort
of borrows the god's power, so they don't need to be in the sum. This
leads to the possibility of worshipper's draining a god's power, but in
turn being able to replenish it by more worship. To be a sound economy,
I guess when power is expended by a god or it's worshippers, it then
adds to the power of the other gods (or perhaps to all gods evenly).

--
Chris Gray   cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA