Seems rather quiet

coder at ibm.net coder at ibm.net
Thu Dec 18 00:11:31 CET 1997

On 16/12/97 at 11:55 PM, Stephen Zepp <zoran at enid.com> said:
>Seems rather quiet tonight, and I haven't gotten my last post back..this
>thing still on? :)

Writing as list owner:

  Just for the record:  This list runs on a dial-up account.  As such,
traffic flow is dependant on when I dial in.  As such, there will be and
have been periods when I am unable to connect for a mail run (eg the
machine is busy FAXing resumes for my next contract), and list traffic
will lag for a day or so.  This is rare, and I endeavour to give give good
warning of upcoming outages.  This also is why the suggested invitation
message indicates that it may take a day or two for a subscription message
to be processed.

  The recent outage however was beyond my control and had nothing to do
with all this.  Everything *should* be back to normal now.

J C Lawrence                               Internet: claw at null.net
----------(*)                              Internet: coder at ibm.net