[MUD-Dev] You, the game of philosophy.

Jon A. Lambert jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com
Fri Dec 19 01:32:18 CET 1997

On 10 Dec 97 at 21:33, coder at ibm.net wrote:
> On 20/11/97 at 08:17 PM, Ola Fosheim Gr=B0stad <olag at ifi.uio.no> said: >=
Adam
> Wiggins <nightfall at user1.inficad.com> wrote:
> >>[Ola Fosheim Gr stad:]
> >>
> >>I hardly think so.  It's merely a fact.
>
> >Even if we assume "the fact", it is still a dangerous state of mind for=
> >designer, unless of course, you don't give a hoot about anybody but
> >yourself.
>
> The scale I use:
>
>   A Bad Player is one who has ceased to strive to extract, determine, an=
> achieve his own goals from the game in front of him.  A subset of these
> are those who then attempt to achieve their goals through persuasion
> rather than direct action: typically whining.

I would mention that "whining" is a significant tool in diplomacy-type
games.  ;)

Of course I realize you likely refer to that OutofGame "whining" that
might occur between a player and administrator.  Player to player
"whining" is OK in my book.

--
Jon A. Lambert
"Everything that deceives may be said to enchant" - Plato