[MUD-Dev] Gods, worshipers and the balance

Richard Woolcock KaVir at dial.pipex.com
Sat Dec 20 04:01:12 CET 1997

Vadim Tkachenko wrote:
> [snip]
> Just keep in mind that in the unlikely case some God's followers stumble
> upon his anti-entity, and try to kill it using that God's power
> (remember, there's no obvious link between the God and anti-God, and
> their M.O. is not nessessarily the same), they will feel harder to act
> as the creature will become weaker...
> [snip]
> > Just like
> > God, the anti-God needs sacrifices to gain power,
>
> Can't, because it's not a God, but just it's shadow.

Hmmm I remember a film I saw years ago called Dark Crystal (some of you
have probably seen it) where there were two ancient races, each with
about a dozen survivors left, and each of these creatures were somehow
linked to a member of the other race, so that if any of them died, so
would one of the other race.

Suppose you coded something like that, were you couldn't kill the
anti-God (at least without killing God, which He wouldn't let you do),
but instead imprison it or something similar.  Perhaps killing the
anti-God would only be a temporary thing, severely weakening God until
the anti-God could come back.

This might be interesting.

KaVir.