[MUD-Dev] Mud Settings

Vadim Tkachenko vadimt at 4cs.com
Mon Dec 29 13:32:31 CET 1997

Greg Munt wrote:

> The 'traditional' mud is set in a fantasy/medieval "Swords 'N' Sorcery"
> environment. The only alternative seems to be some sort of futuristic
> setting. (Please reply to this, if I'm wrong.)
>
> Has anyone ever considered taking this medieval setting, with its
> interfering gods, its magic, and its powerful heroes, and moving forward
> in history, to a contemporary (or perhaps futuristic) setting? Has this
> been done before, only I never knew about it?

Not to my knowledge, but you may look at the book:

Tale of the Comet, Roland Green
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0786906545/9047-0653587-555773

The essense of the book is a collision of world of magic and the world
of technology.

Also, Roger Zelazny had written a book which had a similar scenario (I
just don't remember the name of the book) where the newborn son of a
powerful magic-user was exchanged for a baby from a technology world to
prevent him from doing any harm to the magic world.

--
Still alive and smile stays on,
Vadim Tkachenko <VadimT at 4CS.Com>