[MUD-Dev] The impact of the web on muds

Travis Casey efindel at polaris.net
Mon Dec 29 16:02:57 CET 1997

Greg Munt <greg at uni-corn.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>These days, pure text adventures are dead. Does anyone see this happening
>with muds too? Can the commercial successes cross over into the world of
>free muds? Should they?

Minor point:  pure text adventures are not *completely* dead.  There are
still people producing them, and other people playing them.  They *do*
have a very small audience, and all the people producing them are amateurs
doing it for fun -- but then, almost all the people creating muds are
amateurs doing it for fun.
--
      |\      _,,,---,,_        Travis S. Casey  <efindel at io.com>
    '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)      http://www.io.com/~efindel/design.html