Just a bit of musing

Dmitri Kondratiev dima at paragraph.com
Sat Mar 1 05:06:23 CET 1997

Hi all,

At 16:04 28.02.97 -0500, S001GMU at nova.wright.edu wrote:

>I've been leaning towards an open system, where the user interface is not tied
>to the game mechanics of the MUD.  This does present several problems to be
>overcome, but it allows for a client that is specialized (to some degree) for
>the system it is running on.  Why limit it to plain, 2-d Graphics?  :)  If I
>forked out the PILES of $$$ for an SGI Onyx Reality engine with VR Galore, I
>wanna be able to play some games with it!! :)  Granted, I don't plan on writing
>the client for that particular system, but hey, why not build a system that at
>least makes it easier to do it for that (obviously rich) bum to do it?  :)

What you guys think about VRML MUD these days ? VRML2.0 is quite usable
already and may be fun to hack with. Besides, 3D VRML window along with all
traditional text stuff would look cool, I think. VRML is still kinda slow,
have to admit. But its getting faster and for now 3D window could be not
THAT big.

Dima.

Dmitri Kondratiev
dima at paragraph.com