Just a bit of musing

coder at ibm.net coder at ibm.net
Sun Mar 2 11:07:39 CET 1997

On 27/02/97 at 06:46 PM, cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA (Chris Gray)
said:

>P.S. Anyone else getting complaints about this email from IBM?

There are two problems:

  1) mud-dev at null.net is actually a forwarder at IName (see www.iname.com)
     that ends up at coder at ibm.net.  For whatever reason Iname sometimes
     has problems resolving the MX records for IBM.net.  This is most likely
     a configuration problem at their end (not a mail guru).

  2) IBM.net has recently had throughput problems with their POP servers.
     This is hopefully addressed by now, but will likely return in about 5
     months when they go thru their next great round of expansion.

If you get any actually BOUNCED mail (as versus the standard "We couldn't
deliver when we tried, but will keep trying," type messages), or you find
that your own posts never show or get echoed back to you, please mail me
directly at coder at ibm.net, or claw at null.net (as of next week forwarded to
me at work).

J C Lawrence                               Internet: claw at null.net
----------(*)                              Internet: coder at ibm.net