Just a bit of musing

coder at ibm.net coder at ibm.net
Sun Mar 2 22:12:25 CET 1997

On 01/03/97 at 05:06 AM, Dmitri Kondratiev <dima at paragraph.com> said:

>What you guys think about VRML MUD these days?

I have a sneaking suspicion that its going to be the only way to do it
right?  Most of what I've seen to date has been more promise than flash,
with rendering times *not* being pleasant -- especially for non-trivial or
twit-level programmed objects.  (NB If you *really* know VRML, the
rendering time/computation time for many objects can be massively reduced
by choosing a differnt method to define the same appearing object.  For me
this creates a big problem for a supposedly user-created/user-defined
world)

>I think. VRML is still kinda
>slow, have to admit. But its getting faster and for now 3D window could
>be not THAT big.

Yup.  It definitely bears looking at.  Wish I had the time right now
(still buried up to the neck in stock quote servers).

J C Lawrence                               Internet: claw at null.net
----------(*)                              Internet: coder at ibm.net