Just a bit of musing

Travis Casey casey at NU.cs.fsu.edu
Sat Mar 15 08:22:39 CET 1997

> I mean RPG in the style of the commercially available paper & pencil
variety
> games.  I have yet to encounter one that did not have a combat system.
> This type of display would be suitable for AD&D, Rolemaster, Warhammer,
> Rifts, Battletech, StarTrek, Vampyre, Werewolf, T&T, Gurps, Wraith,
> The Morrow Project, Legacy, Champions, High Fantasy, CyberPunk,
> and C&S to name a just a few. =)

Well, it's not commercial, but SLUG doesn't have a combat system.  It
could be argued that the first edition of Vampire didn't have a combat
system either... just a GM nightmare pretending to be one.  :-)

There are paper RPGs with combat systems for which  "meter-style"
readouts wouldn't be suitable... CORPS, for example.