Issues from the digests and Wout's list

coder at ibm.net coder at ibm.net
Wed Mar 19 20:40:56 CET 1997

Note: CC'ed to the MUD-Dev list.

On 19/03/97 at 05:57 PM, GnomesHome at aol.com said:
>I hope I got this right ... I wanted to change my mailing address from
>GnomesHome at aol.com to KhanOne at aol.com (KhanOne is the address I use most
>often)

Just send a message with a subject line of "unsubscribe" to
mud-dev-admin at null.net from your GnomesHome at aol.com address.  Then send a
message with a subject of "subscribe" to mud-dev-admin at null.net from your
KhanOne at aol.com address.  The system will pull your email address from
each message and remove/add the appropriate email address.

Aww heck.  I'll do it for you.  Yuor subscription address is changed as of
now.

>While I'm at it, how do I go about introducing someone again?

I might as well post this for all to use and forward to whoever they wish
to invite.  It contains all the basic data (note: slightly changed form
the first copy I sent out):

--<cut>--
The MUD Design list is not platform, language or game specific, but
concentrates on discussing the design and implementation of any and  all
MUD servers and systems.  Another large related topic is game  design.
This does not mean that the details of a specific server or  game design
point can't be discussed in excruciating detail, or even  that server or
game source can't be bandied about and picked over,  just that the list
isn't to become a religious stomping ground for your  platform, language,
server, or hobby horse of choice.

The goal is high signal, low noise.

Membership is by invitation only.  Any existant member may invite  anyone
they feel would actively participate in and benefit the list.   Please
don't publicise the list on newsgroups or other mailing lists.