Resets and repops

claw at null.net claw at null.net
Fri Mar 21 08:50:59 CET 1997

On 20/03/97 at 09:07 AM, Nathan Yospe <yospe at hawaii.edu> said: >On
Wed, 19 Mar 1997, Jon A. Lambert wrote:

>Actually quite easy to model. Aether I have done before (For a lark,
>I modeled Terry Pratchett's Discworld in one simulation...

Heck, I sold him my old 2400 baud modem back in '87.

>:> Quite nice. How do you model the Deiatic charis
>:>
>:What does this mean?  I am intimately familiar with Homer,Hessiod,
>:the five :playwrights and Plato, although only in English translation.

>Attraction of the gods... the ability of a god to force attraction
>from any mortal. Kind of a touchy issue.

Especially they way they used it.

It calls into question all sorts of free will/action isues for a MUD,
much as my body stealing does, or just straight possession (you are
connected to the body, you can't leave it, but someone else is
controlling it).  The worst thing is that the God then ends up having
to micro-manage the charmed subject to keep him in line as vs the
player's line.

J C Lawrence                               Internet: claw at null.net
----------(*)                              Internet: coder at ibm.net